Merida Museum of Archaeology
Hacienda de Sisal
|A Series of fourteen distinct cultural and adventure excursions designed exclusively for guests of Hacienda Katanchel.
- Within walking distance, for those who enjoy morning jogs or nature walks, are three neighboring Haciendas, each reminiscent of the glorious 17th - to 19th century eras when Yucatan flourished: initially with cattle introduced by the Spaniards, then as a world purveyor of henequen (sisal) fiber.
- The Haciendas private suburbans or sedans provide comfortable transportation for visiting surrounding areas. Escorts are archaeologists and historians who act as guides.
- But also ask for our fly and drive program because you can also rent your car and our personal public - relations team will advise you efficiently.
- Dozens of Maya archaeological sites, from the well = known Chichen Itza to the virtually unknown (and historically more significant) sites of AKE and Izamal which retain mystic tranquility.
- Cenotes (sinkholes, or grotto wells) of invigorating mineral water, once sacred Maya places, now soothing for swimming (and becoming popular with adventurous cave scuba divers).
- Countless picturesque colonial towns with pastel churches, each one a surprise of ingenuous architectural design.
- "Industrial archeology" sites: other monumental haciendas and henequen processing factories: many are abandoned, yet their past splendor is still impressive.
- Nature reserves, such as Celestun teeming with thousands of pink flamingos.
- Visits to handicraft producing villages: jipijapa (delicate straw hats, baskets and other items); hand woven ever so comfortable Yucatecan hammocks; delicately embroidered tablecloths, colorful hipiles (typical smocks); colorful hand painted ceramics; and more.
- An array of folkloric celebrations concerts exhibitions and annual festivals.
- A sightseeing, cultural and hand shopping tour of Merida, capital of the State of Yucatan.
there is plenty of opportunity to practice the art of absolute relaxation, as well as enjoying the privileges of being thoroughly pampered!
26 km. east of Merida (off the Merida-Cancun Highway)